We were looking for something to do on my son’s wall. We recently redecorated his room into a more “big boy” bmx theme. I decided to paint dirt hills all the way around his room with brown paint. I found some really awesome bmx wall graphics that looked like a kid jumping the dirt hills in vinyl but they cost a fortune! Once again, my brilliant aunt came to the rescue. She taught me how to do it myself with paint.
What You Will need:
A clean graphic from your computer that can easily be cut out of paper
A printer and paper
Wall Paint in the color of your choice
- Make sure your wall is clean. You can paint it with a base color ahead of time.
- Find the graphic that you’d like to use and upload it to http://www.blockposters.com/. This is a free site that will “cut” your image into many paper size sections and let you print it.
- Print it and tape it together into one huge picture.
- Cut your image out in reverse. You want the inside important pieces connected to the outline like a stencil.
- Tape this to your wall.
- Trace inside the stencil.
- Remove the stencil and paint inside your pencil lines. I like to remove the stencil because I am not confident that the paint won’t drip or blotch behind the stencil.